Monday, February 7, 2011

Back in the Swing

The weekend was not kind to the novel. Too much snow, too little time to myself. I wrote a few hundred words here and there, but I just couldn't get my head in the story, and I was super cranky in that book's-not-going-well way.

This morning I had an emergency dental appointment (I broke a molar and need a crown for it) that was over much earlier that I'd predicted, leaving me with two kid-free hours to write before tutoring gig #1. And just having the house to myself for a while got me back into the right headspace to write. I've gotten nearly a thousand words today, and the crankiness has abated.

Mostly.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'd been wondering how you were doing. Good for you getting in the headspace. That's really the hardest part, the butt-in-chair part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof, yes. How about you? How goes the FebNo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you get back into the groove, everything usually seems to work itself out from there. Personally, I don't know that a dentist's appointment would make me very motivated to do much of anything, so kudos for that!

    ReplyDelete