Sunday, October 7, 2012

First Week

Sorry for the silence this week. I've been working on the scene every day, but have definitely felt my motivation and focus slip, and I'm not as far along as I wanted to be by Sunday morning. I have a completed first run at the scene, but it's still pretty clunky and needs a line edit. It doesn't help that the scene is long (2,800 words) and that my two long writing days aren't happening this week due to The Son's school vacation. And my mother-in-law broke a bone in her back (slipping on our treacherous walkway steps, ugh), so I need to go help her out this afternoon instead of writing.

I'm tutoring tonight, but after that I should have 1.5-2 hours. I'll get as much done as I can. Tomorrow I'll start work on revising the Opening, but since it's a shorter scene and needs a lot less work than the others, I think I can "double up" for a few days, getting the Opening stuff done first.

No comments:

Post a Comment