I know I've been quiet lately. Not much to say, I guess.
I made my goal! 40 hours of editing this month. Almost half of that has been on one damn chapter, which was such a mess I've had to completely rip it apart and rebuild it. I'm almost done with Act 2 now. In a way it's discouraging-- I've worked 70 hours since Jan. 1 and all I've accomplished it re-editing the stuff I already edited last year. But I know I've made it stronger.
My goal for March is 50 hours. Act 3 is going to take me forever to edit-- it's always been the most difficult part of the book for me, and the whole first half has to radically change. I have no idea how long it will take me to fix it. The good news, though, is that Act 4 needs only cosmetic editing, and I am confident I can get that done in a month. So I'm guessing 3 more months of editing before I have a full draft ready beta readers. If anyone's still with me here and willing to beta in June/July, let me know!