Friday, April 5, 2013

Another Friday Update

I finally got the long writing day I was hoping for last week: 1,600 words so far today, and it's only 2:15. I wrote the scene in which Willa meets the second Antagonist for the first time, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. The tone of their interaction is quite different from the first draft, but I was still able to use big pieces of the first draft version just by tweaking them a little. And I had a big inspiration about a technological element that I've never happy with before; it's so much better now, and actually fixes another nagging "tech" problem later in the book, and even ties back into the title. I'm feeling pretty damn cheerful right now!

Now I need to take a shower (I changed back into my pajamas after I dropped The Son at school), and do the mom thing: pick The Son up from after-K, play at the playground for a while, make supper, read stories. Tonight I'm going to try to get a good start on the scene work for the next scene, which will close chapter 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment