Friday, April 25, 2014

Beefing Up Security

Six chapters edited! One more to finish Act I.

The next section is the bit of the book that needs the biggest overhaul. It's an escape scene, and when I read the draft I was rolling my own eyes at it. You know how sometimes in poorly written action movies, the hero (or villain) gets out of a supposedly tight spot waaaaaay too easily? Like: if this person is considered a legitimate threat then why is there just one drunk guy guarding him, armed with only a stick? Yeah, it was like that. Basically, I couldn't think of a smart way for my characters to escape, so I made their captors stupid.

Now I need to figure out how one young woman can use her intelligence and a concealed weapon to capitalize on a confused situation and free a badly beaten stranger who is tied to a tree and guarded by five heavily armed villagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment