Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lesson Learned, Part 1,162

Yesterday I had plenty of opportunity to write, but I managed my time poorly and only worked on the edit for 15 minutes. But it wasn't a total loss, because I learned something about the way I need to be working on this draft: I need to work at the library. This editing demands a high level of focus, and there are too many distractions and other things I should be doing at home. If I've had a good editing session at the library and I'm on a roll, then I can sometimes get more done at home later; but for now, I need to get my 1-2 hours a day at the library or I can't guarantee it's going to get done.

Today my schedule was packed, but I had two free hours between my morning and afternoon tutoring students, so I ate lunch at my table (shhhh... against library rules) and worked on the book for two hours. Made some great progress! I'm planning to do two more hours at the library tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment