Monday, May 16, 2016

Listify Life: Week 9

The Top Three Books In My To-Be-Read Pile:

(I am interpreting this to mean the next three books I intend to read.)

1) Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins. Summer-themed YA Romance short stories. I pre-ordered this what feels like years ago, after I read the Holiday-themed collection My True Love Gave to Me. It was fluffy awesomeness, with some big YA names included, and a reasonable amount of diversity. It's arriving on my kindle for Mac tomorrow, and I am clapping like a demented circus seal over it.

2) Gena/Finn by Hannah Moskowitz and Kat Helgeson. Also being released tomorrow! I've been salivating to read this since I read Library Hungry's review of it. I didn't pre-order, but will most likely buy it the second I've torn through Summer Days and Summer Nights.

3) The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol. I: The Pox Party by M.T. Anderson. I listened to half of this on audiobook last year, and was blown away by what I heard, but then ran out of time to finish it. I've been meaning to get back to it ever since. I recently bought it at a used book sale, and intend to go back to the beginning and start over. Anderson also wrote Feed, and having read that and half of this, I am pretty much in awe of him. Both books are astounding, yet I would never guess they were written by the same guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment