Tuesday, November 1, 2016

New Month, New Goals

Happy November! And happy NaNoWriMo to all of you who are participating. May your words come easy and your plot paths run true.

I am sitting just shy of the halfway mark of the revision, and I've come to the place where I need to add a new scene/chapter. It's not a long scene-- probably not much more than 2,000 words-- but it needs to serve as the fulcrum of the main plot thread. It's also the one place my main character (who is honestly a bit of a goody-two-shoes, particularly compared to Willa from TOB) does something she knows is manipulative and selfish.

I have the scene mostly outlined. It's mostly dialogue, so today I hope to get all that written and then tomorrow fill it in.

As usual, Thanksgiving week is crazy for me since I'm both hosting the meal for our family and enduring the busiest week of my work year. My goal now is to finish the revision and have it ready to send to beta readers by Nov. 18. It's not the end of the world if I don't make it (one of my betas is doing NaNo and won't be able to read it until December anyway), but I am not going to be able to write at all between Nov. 19-27, and I don't want to take 8 days off and then try to re-gain momentum the last few days of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment