Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hacking Away

I'm in the thick of the first problem scene. I wound up just copying and pasting it into a new document, which has made it easier to rip it apart.

It's day one of summit talks, which means a whole slew of characters being introduced, and a lot of sitting around a table talking-- not all that dynamic. I had some infodumping here that I've moved to an earlier scene, so now I need to axe everything that led into the infodump. I also had lots of description and some dialogue for the five other envoys... but only two of them really matter to the story. This means there's like a 1,000 words that need to be massively pruned and condensed. I'm more in the hacking apart stage, but I feel like I know what I'm doing. We'll see if I still feel that way when I get to the putting back together stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment