Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mantra Time

After a 6-day stretch of working on the book 2 hours a day, I had an attack of the lazies and did nothing Sunday or Monday. Just finished my two hours for today; I am a few sentences away from finishing chapter nine, so I will probably come back later and do that, just for the sense of accomplishment.

I'm heading smack into the messy, muddled middle of Act 2. I have some good ideas about shuffling a few of the scenes around, but there is one giant scene that I just don't know what to do with-- but I do know it has to be there-- plus a chunk of "time passes" exposition that has to be vastly improved. It's going to be a slog for the next week or two.

Deep breaths. Repeating my mantras:

"It's only a few extra weeks."
"It's making the book better."

No comments:

Post a Comment