Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another Chapter Down

I feel like I'm racing toward the finish line now. This is partly because these last chapters are quite short compared to the earlier ones. It's also partly because these last chapters need less editing-- which I suspected would be the case, but it's like a miracle that easy edits are actually happening. And finally, it's partly because I have summit fever and working 3-4 hours a day on it feels like not that much.

I just finished The Art of Slow Writing --which I have LOTS to say about; just not this week-- and she quotes Zadie Smith as saying the best reason to write a book is the way you feel for the four and a half hours after you write the last word. I feel like I'm tasting a little of what that feeling is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment