Monday, June 1, 2015

The Plan for June

This is like plan inception. Plans within plans.

The overarching plan for the month is to write for 50 hours. That's been working out beautifully so far.

My more goal-oriented plan for the first half of June is to have a MS of TOB ready to send to beta readers by 11:59pm on June 15. I told the readers I got through the Beta Project that I'd be ready by "mid June", and I'm sticking to that, dammit. Plus, my fourth (gulp) bookiversary is coming up at the end of the month, and I will cry if I haven't moved on to the beta stage by then.

I want to have ten days to read and fiddle before I send it out. Actually, I'd love to have ten months, but at some point I have to say enough is enough and accept that it's not going to be a perfect, shining jewel before I let someone read it.

That leaves me five days to finish the edit. I have just over 9,000 words to go, which works out to 1,800 a day. That's a lot for me, but I think it's doable. Maybe. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment