Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Session Three

Summer Session Three-- Kindergarten camp-- started today. For four weeks, I'll have weekday mornings to write. I also have some new SAT tutoring kids starting up, so they'll eat up some of that time, but meeting my word count should be less of the struggle for the rest of the month. Summer Session Two-- two weeks on Cape Cod-- was lovely and wonderful, but The Son can't swim and so I had to keep an eagle eye on him while he was spending half the day crab fishing off the jetty, and I wound up having to do all my writing in the evenings, which is not my favorite time to write. It used to be, but I guess I'm getting old, because now I find I'm sharpest mentally from about 9:00am-2:00pm.

Today I'm trying to get the day's 1,000 words while The Son is at camp, and then I'll make up 500 or so of yesterday's words during his quiet play time.

No comments:

Post a Comment