Friday, June 10, 2016

Checking In

One-third of the way through June!

The numbers:

I've written for 27 hours so far this month.
I'm half way through chapter ten.
The book is now over 34,000 words-- so about one-third done.

Still enjoying the heck out of it.

On the Great Agent Hunt front (note that the acronym for that is GAH), I've gotten three rejections from the last batch of queries I sent out. One said something like, "This is very good. I'm not the best agent for it, but someone else will probably want it", which struck me as a little odd since form rejects usually don't claim the thing was good. I stalked the agent's profile on Query Tracker, and found examples people had posted of her form rejections... and none of them said a thing about it being good! So I think that was a personalization. Grasping at straws here, I know.

I also participated in #PitMad again yesterday, with considerably less success than I enjoyed the last time I did it in September. Only two likes, both from small e-pubs-- not what I'm fishing for.

But, onward! I plan to send out another batch of ten queries this weekend, and then just sit on it a while. Thirty queries is enough to start drawing some conclusions. If I don't get more requests for materials, the conclusion I will draw is that my query sucks and needs to be rewritten.

2 comments:

  1. That actually sounds like incredible personalization! I would say that's worth a congratulations, even if it's not what you're looking for. Kudos, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete