Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mid-Month Again

Man, I cannot beLIEVE June is half over already!

The numbers for the month so far:

I have written for 39.5 hours.
I am 3/4 of the way through Chapter 11.
Mender is now 39,500 words.

I might do a little more today, but I just finished the monster scene I blogged about the other day, and I need a breather. I have one more short scene to finish the chapter, and it's time for me to sit down and figure out what one of my antagonists is actually doing. He's not a big player in this book, but he's causing all kinds of trouble in the background that will get worse in subsequent books. He's a fringe religious figure, and I'm realizing my understanding of what he believes and how that differs from what the mainstream religion preaches is way too vague. So I've got a little worldbuilding left to do.

I'm also working my way through the Writing the Other course, and have a few more exercises left to go. It's a good book, but I'm somewhat heartened by the fact that I haven't actually learned much I didn't already know from it. Maybe I'm more prepared to write my non-white characters than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment