Monday, January 27, 2014

1/27

646 words today.

14,721 for January.

107,036 for the draft.

So, there are four days left to the month, and I definitely have more than 2,000 words left to write. It's probably more like 3-4,000. I'd planned to bump up my goal to 750-1,000 words a day, but today I spent an hour on the phone with the health insurance people, and then I had to work, and then my car broke down while I was picking up The Son from school, and we sat in the lobby twiddling our thumbs until The Husband could get off work to pick us up. Bleagh.

Good thing I've decided to cut climax 2 by about half. The first climax has a lot of characters onstage, with danger and drama and weapons, and I'd packed the second climax with more of the same. I think it'll be a lot more effective if it's just a conversation between two adversaries that leads to the same moment of closure as the original version.

Now I just have to find the time to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment