Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Authors I Want to Read More Of

I've been a longtime fan of the Goodreads group Top 5 Wednesday, and since this topic is one I've been thinking about lately, it makes sense to weigh in.

By "Authors I Want to Read More Of", I do not mean my auto-buy authors, or authors who have only published one book and I loved it and am eagerly waiting for more. I mean authors who have a significant backlist I have yet to explore.

1) John Scalzi. I'm on the last book of the Old Man's War series now, and officially consider myself a fan of his writing. I plan to start his new series, The Collapsing Empire, as well as checking out some of his stand-alones, including Fuzzy Nation, Redshirts, and Lock In.

2) N. K. Jemison. The Inheritance Trilogy was epic awesomeness, and I'm hearing only raves for her new Broken Earth trilogy. Next up for me is to read the Dreamblood duology, though, since I already own book 1. Then I'll read Broken Earth.

3) Connie Willis. I've been working my way through her Oxford Time Travel series, but I've heard great things about Crosstalk and her many collections of short fiction.

4) Kim Stanley Robinson. I read his Mars trilogy years ago and hold it in the highest esteem, but I never had the desire to read more of his stuff until last year, when I picked up 2312 on a whim. Now I'm seeing a bunch more of his books I'd like to check out: New York 2140, Aurora, The Years of Rice and Salt, and the Three Californias trilogy.

5) Jo Walton. I've only read Among Others and Tooth & Claw, but all her books seem so intriguing and so different from one another: My Real Children, Lifelode, the Thessaly series.


1 comment:

  1. I read the post title and John Scalzi is the first thing I thought of. There are so many Scalzi books I want to read.

    Jemisin is AMAZING; I'm reading The Obelisk Gate and it's blowing my mind on a day by day basis. But I've heard people say Dreeamblood is even better.

    ReplyDelete