Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Session One

In my mind, my whole summer lays before me in 2- to 4-week sessions: 2 weeks of nursery school camp, followed by 2 weeks on Cape Cod, then 4 weeks of Kindergarten camp, and finishing with 3 weeks of lazing around and getting ready for school.

Session One begins tomorrow: The Son will be in nursery school camp every day from 9:00-12:15. Tomorrow is also my mother-in-law's day with him, so I'm looking at a seven-hour Sonless stretch. I'm going to go for 1,500 words, in order to make up some of the ground I've lost, and if I have time I'll spend a half-hour or so trying to sort out Part III. It's rapidly approaching, and I'll have to do some phase outline work on it before I get there. I also need to finish reading Room for book club, and maybe watch the movie I have out from Netflix (The Spanish Prisoner).

But mostly, I'm going to focus on moving as little as possible. I'm still recovering at a snail's pace, which is frustrating because I've just had a whole week of doing fuck-all, I'm behind on everything, my house is a wreck, etc. This morning I woke up and the hideous rattle in my chest, which has been driving me insane (and is audible from the other end of the couch), was finally gone... but then I totally overdid it today with housework and taking The Son to a playdate and actually cooking a real meal for supper, and now it's back. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment