Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Swamps of Late Act II

Another long writing day today, thanks to a babysitting exchange with my bud Maura. I did my 750 words in the morning, and then tried to untangle the mess that Part 3 (a.k.a. the second half of Act II) has become. I feel like Part 4/Act III is really solidly outlined, but the loose outline I had for Part 3 is full of scenes that are mostly irrelevant now, so in a lot of ways I'm starting from scratch. I know what the last 5-6,000 words of it should be, but the rest is still hazy. That's a little alarming, since I should be wandering into that haze in a matter of days. I made a bunch of notes, and then plunged into a phase outline and got two scenes sketched out, but there's a long way still to go.

I also bought two more books for my birthday: The Knife of Never Letting Go and Code Name Verity. Very excited about my upcoming reading list now!

No comments:

Post a Comment