Hard to believe that September's already half over. Time to assess my progress on the Grand Pre-Revision Plan (GPRP):
I've finished all the Character and Setting work, and am chipping away at the mountain of Plot work I'd hoped to do. I finished the goal/motivation/conflict charts, and have been working my way through problem/solution chains for all the characters' goals. This is not a step I originally had on the GPRP, but it's really helped to tease out all the plot threads and work out each one step by step, and seeing what steps overlap and clash with other characters' steps.
Using the scene grid as a starting place, and keeping the problem/solution chains in mind, I've drawn up a list of all the scenes that belong in the book. There are 52, 9 of which will be completely new scenes.
I still have a ton of plot stuff left. Next up is going to be a voice exercise that will probably take me all of a Son school day to do. I feel sheepish admitting this, but I'm still not sure what voice to use. I wrote the first draft in third person, but I've started daydreaming the scenes in Willa's voice, and it's given them so much more life that it's left me wondering if I should switch to first person.