Sunday, September 23, 2012

Scene Cards

I've been making up index cards for the 52 scenes in TOB, jotting down the chapter, setting, time, action, characters, and objects, and where applicable, symbolism, backstory, subtext, bombshells, and chapter hook. I had hoped to have these finished last Friday, but working out the chapter breaks ate up a lot of time. And I barely wrote this weekend-- The Parent was visiting, The Son had soccer practice and a playdate, The Husband and I went on a fabulous date to Home Depot to shop for a new bathroom sink, and I tutored.

Long story short, I have exactly half the cards completed, and am starting to freak out a little about having only seven more days to get all the remaining pre-revision tasks done. Tomorrow is a long writing day for me, and I need to make the most of it. Goals:

1) Finish the scene cards. Estimated time: 2 hours.

2) Do CUT TO's for Akenam's scenes. Estimated time: 30 minutes.

3) Make cards for Akenam's story line. Estimated time: 2 hours.

4) If I have extra time, start the CUT TO/scene card process for Tom or Ruyad.

Non-writing goal: make butternut squash macaroni and cheese!

2 comments:

  1. Not relevant to today's post, but I saw this post at another blog I read and thought of you. This is probably for much later in the revision process, though--don't get sidetracked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wordle! And it is indeed very useful for the reasons she describes. "Like" is one of my overused words too. But yes-- I'll wait until I have a more solid draft to do one for TOB.

    ReplyDelete