Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12/26 Count

Words today: 397

Total: 9,412

Word deficit: 172

Christmas Eve I didn't write at all, and Christmas day I did my best but fell short by 69 words. Since I've been busy with holiday preparations and The Son's been out of school, I haven't had the time to do scene work on upcoming scenes, and now my daily words have caught up with my scene outline. I've been working on just the dialogue for the first scene in chapter three, but today I had to take the time to finish the scene work and outline before I went any further. I've felt a little sheepish about how absurdly overcomplicated my scene-building process is, but today I see how much it helps me. I still have 172 words to make up, but I'm hoping for a long writing day this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment