Sunday, December 30, 2012

12/30 Count

Words today: 252

Total: 10,482

Word deficit: 102

I got a late start writing today. The Son had a play date, and the plan was that the mom would drop his friend here and then go to the gym, and I would write while loosely supervising the two kindergarteners running around the house with lightsabers. Instead, she got her car stuck sideways in our nightmare of a driveway, so we had tea and a nice visit while we waited for her husband to come pull her out. And then I had to fix the boys' lunch, and then they wanted to go outside and build a snow fort, and then I had leave for tutoring minutes after the mom picked him up, and there went my writing time.

Tomorrow my mother-in-law is taking The Son on a day trip to visit her parents (who are now coming up on their SEVENTY-FOURTH wedding anniversary), so for the first time in a week and a half I will have a lot of time to read and write. My goals for the day:

1) write the day's 250
2) make up the 102 deficit
3) finish scene work for the next upcoming scene
4) do scene work for the scene after that --not going to finish this today, but it's in progress
5) finish reading Quatrain
6) write "books read in 2012" blog post
7) write "december reflections" blog post

2 comments:

  1. You're reading Quatrain? That's on my to-read! How is it?

    Looking forward to your posts--writing some posts today is a big to-do for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Quatrain. It's four novellas, and they aren't as satisfying as a Shinn novel would be. I wanted to read it primarily because each novella takes place in a different Shinn world, and I've been wondering what else by her I should read. The second novella was my favorite; the world is from the novel Heart of Gold. The last one has made me want to give the Twelve Houses books a a try, too.

    Have you read Troubled Waters yet? I LOVED it-- total desert island book for me. It's a newer world of hers, and I desperately want her to set more books there!

    ReplyDelete