Thursday, December 30, 2010

Read in 2010

No, I'm still not done rewriting that scene, okay?

Let's change the subject.

I surpassed my reading goal for 2010! I always say I'm going to read 25 books, but usually wind up stalling out somewhere between 15 and 20. But this year I read 37, including 30 novels (listed in order read):

Kushiel's Scion by Jacqueline Carey
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Kushiel's Justice by Jacqueline Carey
Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
Victory of Eagles by Naomi Novik
The Sharing Knife: Horizon by Lois McMaster Bujold
Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
Keeping the World Away by Margaret Foster
Kushiel's Mercy by Jacqueline Carey
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Barrayar by Lois McMaster Bujold
Xenocide by Orson Scott Card
Palimpsest by Catherynne M. Valente
Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer
Pattern Recognition by William Gibson
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold
The Vor Game by Lois McMaster Bujold
Local Custom by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
Cetaganda by Lois McMaster Bujold
Labyrinth by Lois McMaster Bujold
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Leonardo's Shadow by Christopher Grey
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
The Lord of the Fading Lands by C. L. Wilson
Kiss of Honor by Jenna Reynolds
Anathem by Neal Stephenson
Gifts by Ursula K. LeGuin

Read any of these? Drop me a comment! And if you'd like a mini-review of any of these, say so in a comment, and I'll respond in a new post. Anything for you, baby.

2 comments:

  1. The number of Jacqueline Carey books you've packed into the year has pretty much sold me on reading her stuff. Also, if you liked LeGuin's Gifts (which I loved), you should try Voices and Powers, the two sequels.

    At least 3/4 of these books I've either read or have on my to-read list. Good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to read Jacqueline Carey, start with Kushiel's Dart, the first in the series. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but I love 'em.

    I'm a huge LeGuin fan, so I'll definitely read Voices and Powers. I've read and passionately loved all her Hainish cycle novels, but this is my first foray into her YA.

    ReplyDelete