Sunday, December 26, 2010

'Twas the Day After Christmas...

...and in her wrecked house
the novelist realizes
she's done less than a mouse.

Thank you! I'm here all week.

Yeah. So. December hasn't been so successful, noveling-wise. I kept setting aside blocks of time to write, and then there'd be some medical crisis with The Husband that would eat up that time. So I've made zero progress on my goals since the last time I posted, and I'm bummed out about it.

But. I'm determined to snatch some small victory from the pine-scented jaws of Holiday defeat. I'm participating in JanNoWriMo next month, and I'd like for the words I've got to feel "done" before I move forward.

To that end, here are my drastically revised goals for the remainder of December:

1) Cut another 1,000 words from Act I.
2) Rewrite Bresher's dialogue in his first scene with Somi.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. It is my firm opinion that attempting to accomplish predetermined goals in December is foolhardy. The fact that you got as much as you did done while dealing with a family emergency is really quite bowl-me-over impressive. I'm going to be doing FebNoWriMo, if you're still looking for accountability after JaNoWriMo is over!

    ReplyDelete