Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cold From Hell

Oy, the cold. I'm sorry to keep whining about it, but it's bent on destroying me. I was getting better for a few days, and then whammo! Sinus infection. At least, I hope it's a sinus infection, because otherwise the devil has taken up residence in my left eye socket. For the past few days, I've been trying to write through a splitting headache and sudafed haze. This morning I took the laptop to The Son's gymnastics class and managed to eke out 185 words. Then we went to a birthday party, and by the time we came home, my head hurt so much I could barely open my eyes. I did a steam tent for a while, and then took a nap from which I kept being woken by the cracking noises coming from my face. Seriously, it was like ice breaking up on the river. But I did feel better when I got up.

I didn't get a chance to write again until The Son went to bed, and by then my brain just had nothing left to contribute. I crawled my way up to 408 and threw in the towel. I'm done for the day.

18,329/20,000 for January. Two days left. I can totally do it, cold from hell be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment