Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review

Lady Doctor Wyre by Joely Sue Burkhart

Joely's latest novella is a stew of awesomeness: one part Regency, one part Science Fiction, and one part Erotic Romance, mixed together and seasoned with a delightful heroine who is both a legendary nanotech scientist and a silk-loving girly-girl, and two sexy heroes that she is not forced to choose between. Throw in an evil queen, a colony planet's rebellion, a sassy female pirate, and some hot sex, and voila!

Lady Doctor Wyre is a fabulous romp through an intricate world constructed from the best parts of my favorite genres. My only real complaint is that I wanted more; a novella just didn't seem like enough space to explore such a vast world. But Joely's already at work on another story set in Doctor Wyre's world,  so I'm thinking of this novella as the tasty first course of a fantastic feast.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, my complaint as well, I wanted more! Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lianna! There's definitely more coming, both with Lady Wyre and other characters/worlds in this universe. I've even promised the pirate will get her own story!

    ReplyDelete