Friday, January 21, 2011

Where's My Medal?

I've done the math, and found that if I increase my daily goal by just 55 words a day, I'll still make my 20,000 goal by the end of the month. I wrote 706 today-- that's exactly one word more than goal, and I want a damn medal for that word. My cold has moved from my chest to my head, which is the "kill me now" phase of colds for me. I'm massively impressed with myself for writing at all, and now plan to chug some Ny'Quil and take a scalding hot bath, and then try to make it to my bed in time to pass out.

2 comments:

  1. I just realized that if I continue writing at my current rate, it will take me 4 years to complete a first draft of my novel. "Kill me now," did you say? NO idea how to manufacture more hours in the day.

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very hard-won advice is to not freak yourself out about long it's going to take. Just keep chugging along, and when those extra hours appear, seize 'em!

    ReplyDelete