Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Sorta-Good Kind of Slow

12,227/20,000 for January.

I got my words today, but hoo boy was it slow. Not painful. Just slow. What was nice is that I was able to be okay with the slowness; both time in general and "running late" or "falling behind" are big fat stressors for me, and usually I get hugely annoyed when I'm not writing as fast as I've decided I should-- mainly because now writing will eat up too much of my time and put me "behind schedule". Being a mother has definitely made this aspect of my personality stronger; my free time is more limited, so I have this MUST NOT SQUANDER urgency about my writing time.

But today I (still) have a cold, and with it rather low expectations of myself, so I just kept the file open and kept inching forward. It probably took me 4 hours of sitting at the laptop to get 652 words. But I enjoyed the stroll, y'know?

No comments:

Post a Comment