Monday, January 10, 2011

Girlfight

6,756/20,000 for January.

I had a job interview this morning (nothing major; just looking to pick up an additional tutoring gig), and afterwards stopped in a cute little coffee shop for some breakfast and some writing time. I've just finished a tough scene: Somi and her best friend have an argument, which is the catalyst for all kinds of mayhem and disaster downstream in the story. It was hard to strike the right note. I needed to let Somi not be 100% right, to let her get a little nasty... without generating too much sympathy for her opponent.  And I needed to make the conflict weighty enough to have plot reprecussions... while still making it sound like a believable bitchy fight between two eighteen-year-old girls. I think it turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment