Monday, February 13, 2012

Checking In

I've had a productive few days, and am feeling happy with where I'm at in the story. That's the best: when you're satisfied with both your rate of production AND what you're producing.

My plans for Saturday were derailed. The Son developed a post-vaccine fever on Friday, and we both slept for crap. On Saturday, I babysat my buddy L.'s super-active three-year-old while she moved their stuff out of their rented house. We didn't wind up going to the Winter Carnival-- The Son was still feverish and feeling yucky, and I wasn't up to wrangling one sick kid and one bolter, by myself, on ice. So the kids played and watched Toy Story 3, and I fiddled with Akenam's first scene, adding a few dialogue tics that I want to weave through his scenes. I also worked on making the themes more explicitly stated in two scenes. Made a little progress on the next section that night, but was wiped out from the day and crashed early.

Yesterday The Husband took a recovered Son to the Science Museum for most of the afternoon, and I finished the section and started the next one. Today I've gotten about half the section written during The Son's school time, but I don't know how much more I'll get done today: I'm watching The Son's BFF for an hour, then I need to run to the store, then I have a new SAT kid to tutor, then need to make supper, bake cookies for the nursery school bake sale, laundry, pick up the TV room which is still trashed from Saturday... the life of a stay-at-home-mom novelist.

No comments:

Post a Comment