Saturday, February 25, 2012

February Funk

About all I can say for myself this week is that I've opened the TOB file and made some progress each day, even if just a few sentences. The Son is an incredibly bright, funny, imaginative kid, but he is also one of the ten most talkative people on the planet and it is so hard to concentrate when I'm with him all day. I tried hauling the laptop to his various lessons and activities, but that's only a half hour at a time, and I can't seem to get out of socializing with the other parents without coming off as a bitch.

I'm feeling frustrated with how slow it's going and disenchanted with the scene I've been writing for what feels like years.

Bah. Whose idea was February vacation, anyway?

Obviously, I need to shake things up.

Fortunately, I just reached the end of the last section I had a rough draft for. There are five more sections remaining in Act I-- probably 6,000 or so words worth of story. I am going to write 1,000 words a day until I reach the end of Act I, then go back and do a second pass through. Maybe writing fast and furious again will help pull me out of this February funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment