Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Unicorn vs. Goat

1,006 words for today. I'm not exactly going the extra mile, huh? But I'm making my 1K per day goal, so it's all good.

I really love what I wrote today. Sometimes you think you know what a scene should be, but when you try to put it into words it all comes out wrong and you wind up staring at it, dismayed, like you had meant to breed a unicorn and instead wound up with a goat with a carrot sticking out of its forehead. Other times, you think you know what a scene should be, but when you put it into words it becomes so much richer and more vivid than it was inside your head. Today was one of those times. Akenam has just crashed a village party, and the metaphorical needle has scratched across the record as everyone turns to stare. End of chapter.

Next up: a panic, a beat-down, an invitation, and a scramble for power. In that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment